Frequently Asked Questions about Lash Extensions
Top 5 reasons to try lash extensions.
2. You look awake and made up no matter where you are
3. Great for vacations
4. Amazing for weddings
5. They immediately bring a sense of confidence through your eyes!
What are the Lashes made of?
The lashes are made of a few different materials, including Synthetic, Silk and Mink. The desired look and the condition of your own lashes is what helps us as the professional decide what to use. Each material offers a different curl and thickness, which varies the look and feel of your lashes.
What are the differences between mink and silk?
Silk – tend to be very popular as they are the darkest, richest black, available. They also provide the fullest overall look kind of a deep mascara look.
Mink – preferred by women who are wanting a really natural lash look, and…a softer black.
Your lashes do not need to be a certain length, although you need to have a lash to apply to, since the lash is applied to the hair. If your lash is shorter, thinner or damaged, it will determine how long and thick we'll apply the lashes.
Do my lashes need to be a certain length to have lash extensions?
Applying a full set of lashes takes about two hours, and can be maintained year-round with touch-ups recommended every three to four weeks. A half set of lashes are an economical alternative to achieve a similarly dramatic effect, applied as filler to thicken natural lashes, or applied outward from the eye for a specialized look.
How long does it take to apply lash extensions?
Lash extensions last through a full growth cycle of natural eyelashes, typically six to eight weeks. That said, because each person’s lash growth is somewhat variable (just hair growth), I suggest light lash maintenance every three to four weeks to maintain a full look.
How often do I need to get refills?
Since each lash extension is attached to a single eyelash, they will fall out naturally along with the natural growth cycle of each lash. We recommend a touch-up every three to four weeks. When an inexperienced professional applies lashes, he or she often applies one synthetic lash to three to four natural lashes, causing clumps or the lash to break and fall out. In addition, your lashes might fall out if you pick at them or try to pull them out yourself, which is a big no-no. But if you avoid those two problems, your lashes should stay intact.
Do lash extensions fall out after time?
The biggest myth is that lash extensions ruin your own lashes. They do not. If applied correctly and properly, they are safe and do not ruin the health of your natural lashes. Be sure not to rub your eyes or tug or pull on the extensions because this can cause lash loss and even damage to your natural lashes. If lashes are applied properly and to each individual lash, they won’t fall out.
Will my natural lashes be harmed or damaged?
Keep water away from your lashes for the first 12 to 24 hours after application or touch-ups. Water can weaken the adhesive before it is set and cause lashes to fall off. The after-care varies depending on the glue used. For instance, with glue for sensitive eyes, oil-based products or makeup removers around the eye area are not recommended. Using water-proof mascara on the extensions is not recommended for any type of glue, as it is hard to remove and can actually pull off the lashes prematurely when trying to take it off.
Can I shower or swim soon after having the extensions put on and are there any product that I should avoid?
With Classic lashes 1 lash extension is applied to one natural eye for a 1:1 ratio. Classic lash extensions are typically less dark then volume lash extensions. Volume lash extensions are when 2 or more lash extensions are applied to one of your natural lashes. This is called 2D, 3D 4D, 5D, 6D etc. Volume lash extensions are also typically darker in color.
What is the difference between classic and volume lash extensions?
· 2D- 2 lashes per one natural lash
· 3D- 3 lashes per one natural lash
· 4D- 4 lashes per one natural lash
· 5D- 5 lashes per one natural lash
· 6D- 6 lashes per one natural lash
What are 2D, 3D....8D lash extensions ?
Our lashes are minuscule by comparison to other parts of our body, which often makes us forget that they are just like the rest of the hair on our body. This is important to understand because our eyelashes grow in 3 phases:
- Anagen Phase– Also known as the Growth Phase. During this phase your lashes are actively growing. This tends to last around 30 to 45 days until the lash reaches it optimum length. However, only about 40% of the upper lashes and 15% of the lower lashes are in this phase at any given time.
- Catagen Phase– Also known as the Transition Phase. During this phase the lash stops growing and the hair follicle starts to shrink lasting roughly 2-3 weeks. At this time, if an eyelash falls out, the catagen phase must complete before a new lash is able to grow back.
- Telogen Phase– Also known as the Resting Phase. During this phase your lashes kind of just hang out until they fall out and a new lash grows in its place. This can last up to 3 months. Since each lash follicle is in its own lash cycle, it is common to see a couple lashes fall out within any given day. This is completely natural so don’t be alarmed but it may take up to 4 to 8 weeks to fully replace an eyelash